25 October, 2009

Living in Pre-Rational America


When speaking and writing, I often refer to the place and time in which I find myself as "Pre-Rational America". In as much as I have been both queried and challenged as to my use of that term, allow me to offer the following evidence for my assertion:

According to a Harris poll:

82 percent of adult Americans believe in God,

79% believe heaven is a real place,

75% believe in angels,

Not only do 74% believe that Jesus is God or the son of God, but 72% accept the resurrection as fact and 60% that he was born of a virgin,

69% believe the soul survives death and 62% think both hell and Satan are real,

41% believe in ghosts,

35% in UFOs,

31% in witches,

29% in Astrology, and

21% in reincarnation.

Contrast all this to the fact that only 42% of Americans accept Evolution by Natural Selection as fact, and you are well on your way to understanding why I hold today's Americans in such disdain.

1 comment:

  1. If I had to "disdane" someone, dumb people would be near the bottom of my list.

    31% believe in witches.
    69% don't watch the "View".

    Peace brah, feeno

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, but are public. That means you might not want to post anything you wouldn't want your Momma, or Boss, to read!