How’s PBO doing so far? One fella’s assessment…
- Cuban Thaw – We engaged the Soviets and the Chinese politically, culturally, and economically. In the end, that has turned out to be a good decision. So why not Cuba? Things can’t get worse.
- Pirate Takedown – Totally the correct call, in spite of some leftist media whining. Now…does he have the intestinal fortitude to complete the job?
So Left it’s Really Wrong:
- Bailout – Free markets can only work when you give them a chance. Using bailout money to control the inner workings of here-to-fore private companies can be explained in just one word…Fascism.
- Stimulus – Cannot work for any number of basic economic reasons, the two most important ones being:
o Government spending saps economic growth, it never increases it, and
o You can neither borrow, tax, nor spend your way out of debt.
- National Health Care – The problem is affordability, not availability. (And that does not include the roughly 25% of all uninsured who have chosen to spend their money on other things who could otherwise afford coverage.) The two Federal Healthcare programs today are a nightmare…Medicare is beset by $40-$60 BILLION dollars a year in fraud and waste and is facing a multi-TRILLION dollar shortfall, and the VA is just plain incompetent and kills people. Do we really want the British/French model of triage healthcare?
- North Korea and Iran – All we had to do was to go to our adversaries hat-in-hand and let them know that we were sorry for our past arrogance and would from now on deal with them as well-intentioned equals, or so said candidate and novice President Obama. Just how’s that working out for you, eh Sparky?
- No Tax Increase on “Bottom 95%” of Americans – The only thing he didn’t say was “read my lips”, but it took him just over thirty days to break his promise and screw over the very fools who voted for him by tripling the cigarette tax. The only thing worse, he’s still going around and repeating the same lie as if it never happened. Up is down, night is day, so says big brother Barry.
- Ignoring the FairTax – PBO says he wants a simpler, more fair tax code, except he wants to soak the evil rich while 50% of the American people not only pay no taxes, but most of them qualify for “tax rebates”. Huh? Instead of the ten TRILLION dollar liability he has racked up in his first 90 days, most of which is payoffs to supporters and will do nothing to right the economy, he could have solved the economic mess plus the future train wrecks in Medicare and Social Security by getting behind the FairTax.
I wrote several times, beginning during the Democratic Primary, that this fellow was quite obviously an empty suit, but the American people fell for “Change” hook, line, and sinker; never bothering to ask exactly what "Change" meant.
H.L. Mencken once wrote, “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
Bend over and grab your ankles, suckers.